Property Maintenance – Handyperson
Your Neighbourhood Handyman provides an excellent standard of property maintenance work to residential and commercial customers in Llanelli, Carmarthen and Swansea areas. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and high standards. We aim to provide the best property maintenance services in the area and because of our continued success, we are now looking to expand the team and the areas we cover. We are looking to recruit team members who are enthusiastic about working for a company you can be proud of, are willing to work as part of a team and will strive to maintain our high standards.
This is a permanent employed position for someone to join our team covering Llanelli, Swansea and Carmarthen.
I am looking for someone, who takes pride in the quality of their work and delivery of customer service. In return, I offer the stability and security of a permanent employed position and the following benefits:
- Monthly pay with annual pay reviews
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- £9.50 per hour, rising to £10 per hour on successful completion of a probationary period
The handypersons role:
- You will be carrying out various property maintenance work in our customers’ residential and commercial properties. Each day will be different and you could be tasked with doing anything from putting up a shelf, replacing a tap, hanging a door, tiling, decking, putting up a fence, demolishing outbuildings, etc, etc.
- You enjoy building relationships with customers and other team members while you are working on site.
- Contributing to a positive team working environment and ensuring our customers feel safe and comfortable in your company.
- Health and safety is at the forefront of all you do, considering yourself, the team and the customers around you.
- Willing to carry out quote visits as and when necessary.
What will you bring as a handyperson?
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in a professional environment.
- Motivated in your approach to work and able to work alone with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Possession of a full current UK driving licence, which is essential to undertake the role with the use of your own vehicle.
- Qualifications in any of the trades is an advantage.
- A willingness to work as part of a team and to be flexible when work changes due to weather or staff changes.
Additional benefits include:
- I want to support our employees to achieve a great work life balance. we consider a variety of working patterns and are happy to discuss flexible working in relation to this vacancy.
The successful applicant will be required to provide at least 2 references. Your ‘Right to Work’ in the UK will be checked and we will complete a basic criminal records check. As a company assessing applicants’ suitability for positions which are included in the rehabilitation of offender’s act 1974 (exceptions) order using criminal record checks processed through the disclosure and barring service (DBS). We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Starting Salary: £13,318.50-£19,500.00 per year (depending on age and experience).